MISSION 4 – Support to Start-up and Spin-off
Mission 4 aims to:
- Provide cultural and educational instruments to support researchers in understanding the issues related to entrepreneurship and dealing with the practical challenges related to the creation of a start-up or of a spin-off;
- Issue program specific calls oriented to start-up creation, based on the instrument of the cascade calls;
- Offer support for the development of proof-of-concepts from initial ideas with the support of technical mentors, and accelerations services;
Consistent with the Timeline of the Restart Program, the activities of Mission 4 started on July 1st, 2023. Based on the output of the Cascade Call Board indicating that the cascade calls should take place as early as possible to leave enough time for the selected partners to work within the projects, Mission 4 started immediately to contribute to the preparation of the calls in order to ensure a proper participation of start-ups and spin-offs. The main results achieved up to now are:
- Contribution to preparation of the first RESTART cascade call dedicated to: Research, Demonstrators and Use-cases. The main contribution of mission 4 was aimed at fostering the participation of start-ups in this general call.
- Preliminary definition of the organization of the second RESTART cascade call dedicated to: Business cases and Innovation-to-market. This call is reserved to start-ups and spin-offs and the plan is to issue it in the Q2 of 2024.